In today’s world, toxins are everywhere. Even if you’re a health-conscious person and limit your exposure to the most common sources of environmental pollution, there are still plenty of ways that these toxins and heavy metals can accumulate in your liver over time.
It is essential for anyone who wants to live a healthy life to support their liver’s detoxification efforts by eating right and exercising regularly. In this article, we’ll cover 11 steps you can use to help detox your liver from everyday toxins.
- Avoid pesticides: Opting for organic food is a great way to give your body healthy nutrients, and reduce your exposure to harmful pesticides including glyphosate.
- Quit using plastic: It’s nearly impossible to avoid plastics altogether, but try to reduce your use of plastic containers and water bottles.
- Drink more water: Drinking a lot of water is essential for preventing toxin buildup in the body by reducing inflammation, flushing out toxins, and keeping organs healthy.
- Eat organic foods: Eating organic food can help eliminate harmful pesticides from your diet while also giving you access to higher-quality nutrients that support your efforts to detox your liver.
- Add greens to your diet: Eating plenty of greens is an excellent way to detox your liver and provide it with antioxidants that can prevent inflammation, which increases toxin levels.
- Eat fermented foods: Fermented foods like kimchi or sauerkraut are a great way to introduce healthy bacteria into the body, support immune function, and aid in digestion.
- Supplement with turmeric: Adding turmeric (curcumin) to your diet is a great way to help promote good liver health and encourage regeneration.
- Use a zeolite supplement: Zeolite, a natural mineral, has shown in studies to help remove heavy metals and environmental toxins.
- Take chlorella or spirulina: Chlorella and spirulina are powerful detoxifying agents that contain plenty of nutrients for your liver to work with.
- Drink green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants that can help to prevent the oxidation of toxins, making them easier for your body to eliminate.
- Find a way to relax after stressful days: Reducing stress levels will allow your liver more time and energy to do its job at cleaning up toxins from your body.
The Bottom Line to Detox Your Liver
Your liver is only capable of processing so many toxins in a given moment, so reducing your exposure to these compounds can make a big difference in the level of toxins that accumulate in your body.
Some people who are exposed to toxic substances, such as heavy metals and environmental pollutants, or those with chronic health conditions may have difficulty removing these toxins from their bodies. Toxins build up in organs such as the liver, kidneys, and brain and can lead to serious consequences if left untreated.